At the end of the talks held within the framework of the state visit of President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to Kyrgyzstan, a ceremony of signing and exchange of documents was held.
President Shavkat Mirziyoyev and President Sadyr Japarov signed a Declaration, which brings bilateral relations to a qualitatively new level of comprehensive strategic partnership.
The heads of state also exchanged signed interstate, intergovernmental, interdepartmental and interregional agreements. A total of 25 documents were signed, including:
- Protocol on the exchange of instruments of ratification of the Treaty on Certain Sections of the Uzbek-Kyrgyz State Border;
- Agreement on cooperation in organizing production of automotive and commercial vehicles in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Program of Strategic Trade and Economic Partnership for 2023-2025;
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of prevention Emergency Situations Prevention and Response Agreement;
- Protocol to the Agreement on mutual travel of citizens;
- Protocol on amendments to the Memorandum on the establishment of the Council of Heads of Border Regions.
Agreements were signed between ministries and agencies on cooperation in agriculture, energy, customs, development of priority branches of industry, innovations and scientific research, youth support as well as the Plan of celebration of the 30th anniversary of diplomatic relations.
Comprehensive programs on expanding cooperation for 2023-2025 between Jizzakh region and Issyk-Kul region, Andijan region and Osh region, Fergana region and Batken region, Namangan region and Jalal-Abad region were also signed.