Following the high-level talks, a signing ceremony and exchange of documents took place.
President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev and President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov signed the Declaration on deepening the strategic partnership.
In addition, 13 documents were signed at the level of governments, ministries and departments of the two countries, providing for the expansion of multifaceted Uzbek - Turkmen cooperation, including:
- a practical action plan for 2022 - 2024 to intensify political dialogue, inter-parliamentary, trade and economic cooperation, cultural and humanitarian exchange between the Republic of Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan;
- an agreement on further development of bilateral foreign economic relations;
- an agreement on regulating the activities of trading houses on the territories of the Republic of Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan;
- an agreement on scientific and technical cooperation;
- a plan of practical measures to further expansion of cooperation in the field of agriculture;
- an agreement on the registration of medicines and medical devices.
The agreements on cooperation in electric power, customs, veterinary medicine and animal husbandry, cinematography and other areas have also been adopted.